Applicants must be enrolled in Chicago Public Schools for both the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 academic years. They should have a strong academic record in a rigorous, college preparatory curriculum, taking the most advanced courses possible in their high school in the subject they wish to study at UChicago or the most closely related discipline. In addition, students should demonstrate the emotional maturity necessary to tackle undergraduate-level coursework, in areas such as self-motivation, self-discipline, and time management.
All applications require short personal essays, a graded work sample, a letter of recommendation from a teacher in subject related to the one they wish to study at UChicago, and transcripts from all high schools attended.
Tips for completing the application:
- All students must complete the standard Summer Session application; no additional College Bridge application is required.
- On the Financial Aid page:
- Students should select "College Bridge" from the list of Community-Based Organizations (CBOs)
- Students who want to apply for additional financial support from College Bridge should say "yes" to "Would you like to apply for need-based financial aid?" answer the supplementary questions and upload the required financial documentation. US citizens and permanent residents should supply their parents' most recent 1040s and W2s. If you have any questions about what to provide, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The first step should be to enter your recommender's information to give them the most time possible to submit their recommendation.
- Students should submit their application as soon as it is done- they should not wait for the recommendation.
Students are chosen based on a combination of factors, including the course prerequisites, along with the student’s essays, graded writing or project sample, and a video interview with College Bridge. Please review the Overview for Summer Session Pre-College Applicants on the How to Apply page to begin your application; the same guidelines apply for Summer Session, Summer Bridge, and Academic Year Bridge.
Due Date: TBD, 2022
Create an account and begin an application (this link to be updated in 2022)
Questions? Please email the College Bridge/Summer Session Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.